Re: [O] org-ref in action

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref in action
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 05:52:47 -0400

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

>> With ox-bibtex.el [[cite:(page n)one-reference-paper-year]] will export as
>>
>>   \cite[page n]{one-reference-paper-year}
>

> I am sorry Eric but [[cite:(page n)one-reference-paper-year]]  breaks the
> bibliography reference for me with ox-bibtex.el ... it is too bad because
> it was a convenient solution to get  \cite[page
> n]{one-reference-paper-year} .
>
> I am lost.

Could you be more specific?  Does org-mode generate any latex at all,
and how does it differ from what you'd expect?  If no LaTeX is
generated, and Org-mode actually throws an error then please provide a
backtrace.  I should be able to help but I'll need more information.

One thing I noticed is that I got better behavior if I didn't allow line
breaks in the link, which was easily accomplished by replacing
[[cite:(page n)one-reference-paper-year]] with
[[cite:(page~n)one-reference-paper-year]].  In general the later is
actually /preferable/ than the former, as you don't want LaTeX breaking
lines in the middle of a citation either.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte