Re: [O] proposal to have ignoreheading tags/properties

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] proposal to have ignoreheading tags/properties
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:32:34 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Another common (for me) example is to have a heading called "* Appendix"
>> in a paper, and then the LaTeX "\appendix" command. The Org heading is
>> just for me. It should not be exported. All headings below the \appendix
>> command are Org sub-sections but should be promoted to \section in the
>> final document.
>
> then IMO it should be
>
> ,----------------------------
> | * Appendix
> | ** Latex Command :noexport:
> | \appendix
> | ** Subsec1
> | ** Subsec2 ...
> `----------------------------

Your code example is broken, but let's not care about that for now.

So the appendix case is kind of special.  Really what we want is to
inject a command before the insertion of the appendix.  Due to the
nature of LaTeX this is easy.  I often do something like

* appendix pre :ignoreheading:
#+LATEX: \appendix
* my appendix
  content

However, perhaps a property specifying a command to be inserted before
the headline is more appropriate.  Then, we could write the above as

* my appendix
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LATEX_PRE_HEADING: \appendix
  :HTML_PRE_HEADING: <appendix>
  :HTML_POST_HEADING: </appendix>
  :END:
  content

which would export

   \appendix
   \section{my appendix}
   content

Of course, in the above example it would be better to set the property
HTML_CONTAINER to appendix for html export.

—Rasmus

--
Together we'll stand, divided we'll fall