Re: [O] proposal to have ignoreheading tags/properties

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] proposal to have ignoreheading tags/properties
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 14:16:26 -0400

On 2014-06-12 at 14:11, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Another common (for me) example is to have a heading called "*
>> Appendix" in a paper, and then the LaTeX "\appendix" command. The Org
>> heading is just for me. It should not be exported. All headings below
>> the \appendix command are Org sub-sections but should be promoted to
>> \section in the final document.
>
> then IMO it should be
>
> ,----------------------------
> | * Appendix
> | ** Latex Command :noexport:
> | \appendix
> | ** Subsec1
> | ** Subsec2 ...
> `----------------------------

I'm confused how this creates a correct LaTeX document. The "\appendix"
command is not exported, since that section was tagged ":noexport:", in
which case, what is the point of having "\appendix"?

I *need* the LaTeX command exported. It changes things in the remainder
of the LaTeX document. A section titled "Appendix", which is what your
text above creates, does not create a correct LaTeX
document. Furthermore, Subsec1 and Subsec2 need to be promoted, either
in Org or in the export.

| * Appendix :noexportheading:promotesubheading:
| \appendix
| ** Subsec1
| ** Subsec2

The above works, assuming that "noexportheading" doesn't export the
heading, but does export the content ("\appendix"), and the
"promotesubheading" does what you would expect.

  -k.