Re: [O] #+INCLUDE: myfile.html html does not include /literally/; Org pr

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] #+INCLUDE: myfile.html html does not include /literally/; Org processes
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 11:26:51 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> Thanks for the patch. However, I'd rather not allow arbitrary blocks
> around included files, as it can be the source of some headache (e.g.,
> a quote block around an Org file containing a headline). Also we don't
> really need it since most use-cases are already supported.

Fair enough.  FWIW, I'm pretty sure the problem of the OP can also be
solved with Babel, perhaps even with an inline function, but I haven't
yet tried and it's likely to be quite a bit less intuitive than using
INCLUDE.

> Actually, I think there are two possible ways to handle this:
>
>   1. Add a new "export" (or something else) parameter which will wrap
>      file contents within an export block relative to the current
>      back-end. Unfortunately, this will not work for exotic back-ends
>      that do not provide such a block (:export-block property in its
>      definition). We can always fallback to an example block in this
>      case, though.

Please not.

>   2. Extend "src" syntax to allow Babel parameters after the language.
>      E.g.,
>
>        #+INCLUDE: "file.html" src html :results html

That looks better, but still isn't quite self-explanatory.  What
happens if I write

    #+INCLUDE: "file.html" src html :results elisp

for instance?  That would still wrap the include file with an almost
arbitrary block, no?  I don't think you can check that the file to be
included fulfills all the requirements of being included at that point
anyway.  Here are two more options with different degrees of iffyness:

#+INCLUDE_HTML: "file.html"

#+BEGIN_HTML
<<"file.html">>
#+END_HTML