Re: [O] latex markup in org?

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: [O] latex markup in org?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 08:09:44 +0100

Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been learning to export from org to latex (to pdf), and have had
> great success. There's a simplification to the process I'd like to make,
> though, if it's possible.
>
> Right now I use files: file.org and filestyle.sty. The .sty gives
> the latex-specific instruction, and I point to it from file.org with a
> line of #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{filestyle}. This works great, but
> I'd love to have just one file, not two, to keep things simple.
>
> So I tried putting the contents of filestyle.sty near the top of file.org
> inside of #+BEGIN_latex and #+END_latex, but it doesn't quite work. It
> incompletely works, which is perplexing...
>
> I'd appreciate any ideas about this--can it be done?

I'm sure it can, but not that way!

As I understand it, blocks like this ....

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\marginpar{\color{red} \tiny \raggedright
\vspace{18pt}
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam
nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat
volutpat.}
#+END_LaTeX

work where they are and not file-wide.

For file-wide instructions you need to put 'em in

#+LATEX_HEADER lines.

Exactly how to do that will depend on the precise contents of
filestyle.sty.

atb

Glyn