Re: [O] Fast Access to TODO States without C-t

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Fast Access to TODO States without C-t
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:50:24 +0200

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to bind fast access to TODO states, without
>> using C-t.
>>
>> The reason is that I have C-t as escape code for my screen session.
>
> This isn't what you asked, but I would suggest changing your escape key
> and perhaps using tmux instead of screen.  Surely screen has way to send
> the escape key, but you may need to configure it.
>
> I thought for a long time about escape keys.  screen defaults to C-a and
> tmux to C-b.  As an emacs user, I use both of those quite a lot.  So I
> went through all the rest of the control characters, and found the one
> that I have the least use for to be C-j.

I thought about that too and came up with C-o as tmux prefix key,
probably I actually do use the scratch buffer quite frequently:

| C-j runs the command eval-print-last-sexp, which is an interactive
| compiled Lisp function in `lisp-mode.el'.

I forgot what was originally bound to C-o, but noticed that other Emacs
users independently chose the same prefix for Tmux, so it must have been
something not used that often.

--
cheers,
Thorsten