Re: [O] Fast Access to TODO States without C-t

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Fast Access to TODO States without C-t
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:58:26 +0800

Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to figure out how to bind fast access to TODO states, without
> using C-t.
>
> The reason is that I have C-t as escape code for my screen session.
>
> The command org-todo is bound to C-c t here, so when I try to fast
> access to the TODO state DONE(d!), I can't get to it.
>
> C-c t d just puts 'd' in the buffer after switching to the next state.
>
> According to the manual, I'm supposed to hit C-c C-t d
>
> Any pointers as to how I can do this?

I may be misunderstanding here, but screen will send the escape key to
the running program if you hit it twice, right? I use the StumpWM window
manager, with the escape key also set to C-t, and I think both of them
behave the same way: first escape is caught, second is sent to the
program. So you'd do C-c C-t C-t d. How does that work?

Also, if you set `org-use-speed-commands' to t, you can use single
keystrokes when point is to the left of headline stars. I find this
immensely useful. Get point to the left margin and hit "t", that's all
you need.

Yours,
Eric