Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 14:19:17 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> David Engster <address@hidden> writes:
>> I mean, those entries show up in the agenda, so I found it rather
>> surprising that they are completely ignored by the exporter.
>
> This is an agenda bug, which probably use a regexp to find timestamps.
> But timestamps in properties are not valid Org timestamps, per Org
> syntax.

OK.

>> I think it would make sense if the exporter also looked for
>> time-stamps in the properties.
>
> There are already plenty of locations to use timestamps. We have
> scheduled, deadline, plain timestamps... I don't think we need more of
> them.

It's these multitude of timestamp locations which makes changing the
timestamp of an existing entry through Elisp so tedious (I had to deal
with that in org-caldav), so using a property for it seemed like a good
idea. Anyway, I understand your reasoning, and I guess we should change
how gnus-icalendar generates its Org entries.

-David