Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 14:44:02 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> It's these multitude of timestamp locations which makes changing the
> timestamp of an existing entry through Elisp so tedious (I had to deal
> with that in org-caldav)

The number of locations may be daunting but all of them make sense
actually. Also, I don't think it is really difficult to change
a timestamp through Elisp, due to specialized functions (e.g.
`org-schedule').

Anyway, if you think this area can be improved, feel free to make
suggestions.

> so using a property for it seemed like a good idea.

This has been discussed a few times on this ML already.

Carsten's argument is that new users shouldn't have to deal with hidden
data, like property drawers, for such basic features.

IMO, it also have an advantage from an implementation POV: important
timestamps are located right below the headline, whereas a property
drawer can be found anywhere in the whole section.

> Anyway, I understand your reasoning, and I guess we should change how
> gnus-icalendar generates its Org entries.

I think so, too.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou