Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:41:02 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, I could do that for my specific setup. But it would be nice if this
> stuff could "just work", so that things like Outlook calendar invites
> can be directly exported to .ics.

AFAIU, we're talking about a third-party package which implements its
own UI. We cannot support every UI in the wild.

> I mean, those entries show up in the agenda, so I found it rather
> surprising that they are completely ignored by the exporter.

This is an agenda bug, which probably use a regexp to find timestamps.
But timestamps in properties are not valid Org timestamps, per Org
syntax.

> I think it would make sense if the exporter also looked for
> time-stamps in the properties.

There are already plenty of locations to use timestamps. We have
scheduled, deadline, plain timestamps... I don't think we need more of
them.

Also, a hook is easy enough to implement in this situation.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou