Re: [O] mis-alignment in org-tables with Tibetan characters

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] mis-alignment in org-tables with Tibetan characters
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:09:20 +0800

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've been using that patch or something like it for nearly a year now,
>> with no adverse effects. I'm on the road right now, give me a day and
>> I'll take a closer look at what I've got...
>
> Great -- thanks in advance!  I'll then wait before releasing a new
> minor version and merging it into Emacs for Emacs 24.4.
>
> To other core maintainers: if you see important issues that needs to
> be fixed in maint, let me know.

Sorry this took a while to get to...

I think it was a little simpler than I thought -- at least I hope that's
true, and I'm not missing something really obvious. There are two
patches attached, a simple one that handles re-justification of table
fields during field movement, and another that allows for narrowing of
columns with double-width strings. The second patch is uglier, and
doesn't work 100% well (you get misalignment if you try to narrow a
double-wide to an odd number of single-width characters), but it's
better than nothing.

Please test!

Eric