Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 14:17:09 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

>> If you're fine with this, I'll raise the topic on both emacs-devel
>> and this list.
>
> I suggested this idea because I thought it was a good one. The very fact
> that we're still discussing it proves that it isn't as obvious as
> I initially thought. That's fine with me.

Let me state it clearly: I'm not against including ox-koma-letter.el
in Org's core (then in Emacs), I actually think it is a good addition
(once documented, that is.)

My suggestion is to ask Emacs maintainers about the general policy
regarding new Org/Emacs exporters.  Chances are that they will blindly
trust us, which I'm fine with.  If they have a different opinion, it's
better to hear it now than when we do the merge.

Also remember I *removed* some exporters and other files from Org's
core when releasing 8.0, because I wanted to draw a clearer line: the
current rule is "If an Org feature relies on something that is not
part of Emacs or not part of a standard GNU system, don't include it
into core."  That's why ox-freemind.el and org-mew.el new lives in
contrib/, for example.

For those features, GNU ELPA or some other packages archive (I'm not
insisting on Org ELPA) is a the way to go IMO.  But let's not revisit
this, it's a separate issue.

--
 Bastien