Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:10:47 +0100

Hi everybody,

sorry for replying so late to this discussion. I stopped following the list a while ago. Rasmus was so kind and tracked me down.

Am 18.01.14 19:10, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

On 18 Jan 2014, at 00:08, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

There is one thing to consider, though: Viktor Rosenfeld (Cc'ed)
contributed a significant number of lines of code to the file but hasn't
signed FSF papers, AFAIK.

Viktor, what is your positions on this?

I had actually started the copyright assignment process in September but did not follow through with it because I did not fully understand the document and did not like some of the language. However, I'm willing to give it another shot and have sent my questions to the FSF.

FWIW, I think that the copyright assignment process creates a huge barrier of entry to contribute to Orgmode and that it's unfortunate that one has to jump through hoops like this to contribute actual code (whereas other contributions, e.g., documentation, have no such obligation attached).

Also, my view of the document, as I understand it, is that it's very one-sided and unfair to the developer, specifically the future works and indemnification clauses. For the record, I will not sign a document containing the indemnification clause as it currently stands.

Cheers,
Viktor