Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 11:47:51 +0100

Hi,

> Why this suggestion?

To get Emacs core maintainers opinions on this and clarify if we can
expand Org features at will or if they want to be control that somehow.

> We recently introduced "ob-coq.el" in core without
> asking Emacs maintainers beforehand.

That's different: supporting as many programming languages is a core
feature of Babel, while supporting as many export target as possible
should not be a core feature of Emacs IMO, it should stay as a nice
facility of the Org ecosystem.

The second part of the paragraph above ("while...") is where I'd be
interested to hear about what Emacs core maintainers think.

If you're fine with this, I'll raise the topic on both emacs-devel
and this list.

--
 Bastien