[O] Behavior of Org mode Babel code snippets with respect to M-q (fill-p

From: Omid
Subject: [O] Behavior of Org mode Babel code snippets with respect to M-q (fill-paragraph) and C-/ (undo)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:40:50 -0500

Hello,

I am using Org-mode version 8.2.5g (8.2.5g-elpa) in GNU Emacs 24.3.1.
I have two questions about the behavior of the fantastic Org
mode+Babel with respect to code and comments:

Here is a minimal example:

  #+BEGIN_SRC f90 :results verbatim :exports both
program main
! This is a very very very very very very very very very very very very
very very very very long comment line.
print *, "Hello, World!"
end program main
  #+END_SRC

Below is the code snippet after M-q (fill-paragraph) on the comment
line. The comment line has been refilled (intended behavior) but all
lines have been indented. This may also be an intended behavior; but

FIRST QUESTION: Is there a way to disable this indentation upon M-Q in
Org Babel code snippets?

  #+BEGIN_SRC f90 :results verbatim :exports both
    program main
    ! This is a very very very very very very very very very very very very
    ! very very very very long comment line.
    print *, "Hello, World!"
    end program main
  #+END_SRC

Below is the code snippet after a C-/ (undo). Note that the
indentation and the refill which were done by the last command above
(M-q) are not being undone. The text in the comment is being removed
which I believe means that the previous (self-insert-command)'s that
created the text are being undone. This is very undesirable since even
a user who is aware of this behavior may by mistake issue the command
M-q, have the code snippet formatted in an undesirable way (e.g.,
sometimes new lines are not respected and code and comments get mixed
up), without any immediate way to undo this reformatting.

SECOND QUESTION: How can one get the usual (undo) behavior in a Babel
code snippet?

  #+BEGIN_SRC f90 :results verbatim :exports both
    program main
    ! This is a very very very very very very very very very very very very
    ! very v comment line.
    print *, "Hello, World!"
    end program main
  #+END_SRC

Please note that these edits are done in the Org mode buffer directly.
If I switch to the native language mode using C-c ' things work as
expected.

Thanks,
Omid