Re: [O] Behavior of Org mode Babel code snippets with respect to M-q (fi

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] Behavior of Org mode Babel code snippets with respect to M-q (fill-paragraph) and C-/ (undo)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:38:31 -0700

Undo not working is a bug.  I think we identified the bug on the
mailing list, but the fix was never implemented, although I think an
attempted fix was.

I think it has to do with editing a source code block trying to do
things with undo or undo-boundary.  The fix is probably to rip out all
undo-related code there.

On 2/5/14, Omid <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. The variable
> org-edit-src-content-indentation does indeed have to do with the
> indentation I was referring to. But it is relative. According to the
> documentation, it sets the "Indentation for the content of a source
> code block. This should be the number of spaces added to the
> indentation of the #+begin line in order to compute the indentation of
> the block content after editing it with M-x org-edit-src-code. Has no
> effect if `org-src-preserve-indentation' is non-nil." I wonder if one
> can set it to be zero as an absolute value, meaning that if the a line
> of code in the source block starts at column n of the buffer, it is
> left at column n after M-q.
>
> Regarding the behavior you observe, as I said I get that too from time
> to time. In fact, doing M-q on my own example in a fresh Org mode
> buffer, I now get what you get:
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC f90 :results verbatim :exports both
>   program main ! This is a very very very very very very very very very
>   very very very very very very very long comment line. print *, "Hello,
>   World!" end program main
>   #+END_SRC
>
> I don't have any special settings for the f90 mode in my .emacs. In
> fact, I have observed the same behavior for other languages too when
> edited in an Org source block. The "destructive" nature of this
> behavior is very special (C-/ (undo) doesn't work). Many a times, I
> have tried refilling a line of comments and ended up with a huge mix
> of code and comment that was impossible to undo (at least to the best
> of my knowledge) and I had to either revert the change if I had the
> file under version control, go to an auto backup file, or painfully and
> manually separate the code and comments to get back the original code
> block.
>
> Omid
>

> On 02/05/2014 04:34 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Omid <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using Org-mode version 8.2.5g (8.2.5g-elpa) in GNU Emacs 24.3.1.
>>> I have two questions about the behavior of the fantastic Org
>>> mode+Babel with respect to code and comments:
>>>
>>> Here is a minimal example:
>>>
>>>   #+BEGIN_SRC f90 :results verbatim :exports both
>>> program main
>>> ! This is a very very very very very very very very very very very very
>>> very very very very long comment line.
>>> print *, "Hello, World!"
>>> end program main
>>>   #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> Below is the code snippet after M-q (fill-paragraph) on the comment
>>> line. The comment line has been refilled (intended behavior) but all
>>> lines have been indented. This may also be an intended behavior; but
>>>
>>> FIRST QUESTION: Is there a way to disable this indentation upon M-Q in
>>> Org Babel code snippets?
>>>

>> Try setting org-edit-src-content-indentation to 0. I'm not sure that
> [...]

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.