Re: [O] Assistance with patching instructions on Worg

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Assistance with patching instructions on Worg
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:50:24 -1000

Hi John,

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings,
>

> I've only contributed to Worg, not the Org manual. I want to submit a
> change to the documentation per an earlier discussion.[1] I'm
> attempting to follow the Worg suggestion for submitting patches.[2]
>
> Here was my process
>
> cd ~/.elisp/org.git
> git pull
> make clean && make
>
> git branch org-src-preserve-whitespace
> git checkout org-src-preserve-whitespace
>
> emacs doc/org.texi
>
> [make changes to documentation]
>
> git commit -m "Update documentation to org-src-preserve-indentation."
>
> git format-patch master

Here is what I do:

 1. commit your changes to your local copy of the org-mode repository

 2. run the following command to wrap up the latest commit on your
       local copy of the repository into a file which can be attached
       to email messages

           git format-patch -o ~/temp/ HEAD~1

       after the command finished you will notice a new file in ~/temp
       with a name like 0001-commit-message-stuff.patch

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye