Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?

From: Waldemar Quevedo
Subject: Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:41:54 +0900

By the way TL;DR; from that Github thread:

It seems that Markdown by default does not support read only checkboxes, and Github would not implement this behavior because they want to keep compatibility with other implementations of Markdown: https://github.com/github/markup/issues/208#issuecomment-24927799

I think that Org mode markup syntax is still in the stage where we can be liberal enough to change this kind of behavior which would be gladly received by many people (I hope!), specially since this would change only the HTML output.

Some feedback on that thread on a feature like this:
- "+1 for readonly (checkboxes). It cannot be that hard..." => https://github.com/github/markup/issues/208#issuecomment-27712872
- "+1, i cannot live without checkboxes in readme!"  => https://github.com/github/markup/issues/208#issuecomment-27713464
- "I'll die; Please add checkboxes" => https://github.com/github/markup/issues/208#issuecomment-28001693

Cheers!