Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:07:03 -0500

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 07:54:42AM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> I don't thing the partial ones work - we should just make then
> unchecked in export if there is nothing better.  the grey dos not
> convey the right information.

I agree, but couldn't think of any other way. There are 3 other
unicode options:

        1. A box with an X  (☒ U+2612 BALLOT BOX WITH X)
        2. A bare (unboxed) X (✗ U+2717 BALLOT X)
        3 A bare checkmark (✓ U+2713 CHECK MARK)

I  also found this character:

   U+237B ⍻ not check mark

If you think one of those would work we could use it instead.

> My vote:
> - Unicode characters as default
> - Both active and inactive checkboxes as option for people who want
> them, via a customize variable.
> - Partial checkboxes should be shown as unchecked.

I will implement the replacement of the ascii characters with the
unicode and the look at the html checkbox options.

FWIW, there are other issues w/ the active version besides the changes
not being saved -- If you are using hierarchical list or rollups
indicators ([x/y], [x%]), they will not be updated w/o some
javascript.

rick