Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 22:26:53 +0100

Achim Gratz wrote:
> Rick Frankel writes:
>> For xhtml compatibility, it would need to be 'checked="checked"'. I've
>> done a quick look at the html dtd, and i does look like input elements
>> are allowed outside of forms, but i would need to double
>> check... Also, the fallback to "[-]" for the partially checked state
>> is a bit inconsistent, perhaps changing background color or other
>> attributre of the checkbox would be better.
>
> I'd much prefer if you'd be using character entities for that since you
> can't do any input on the HTML anyway (WHITE MEDIUM SQUARE, SQUARE WITH
> LOWER RIGHT DIAGONAL BLACK and BLACK MEDIUM SQUARE look like good
> candidates).  That probably makes it UTF-8 only since I don't think
> these symbols are defined for plain (X)HTML, so for other encodings
> things should probably stay as they are.

FWIW, here's what I do for the HTML export:

In JS:

#+begin_src js
  $(function () {
      $('li > code:contains("[X]")')
          .parent()
              .addClass('checked')
          .end()
          .remove();
      $('li > code:contains("[-]")')
          .parent()
              .addClass('halfchecked')
          .end()
          .remove();
      $('li > code:contains("[ ]")')
          .parent()
              .addClass('unchecked')
          .end()
          .remove();
  });
#+end_src

In CSS:

#+begin_src css
  li.checked {
      list-style-image: url('../images/checked.png');
  }

  li.halfchecked {
      list-style-image: url('../images/halfchecked.png');
  }

  li.unchecked {
      list-style-image: url('../images/unchecked.png');
  }
#+end_src

with 3 nice pictures of green V, red X, and blue || (line "pause" on
recorders).

Best regards,
  Seb

--