Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 19:36:24 +0200

Hi Tristan,

don't get me wrong. Being married to a Chinese and lived in Japan for many years I know exactly what you are talking about ;)
I just feel it needs some clean and well defined way how to implement all those different export features without cluttering the basic exporters.

Somehow the same reason why we use a zillion of packages for LaTeX itself.
I just got aware of that, by reading your post. Recently, we got new exporters thus, should be the next step to get/define modules for those exporters or even being able to write your own rules easily within the file?

The 2 worst case scenarios IMHO...
the exporters gets more and more extended getting harder to maintain and error prome
people start forking the exporters html-cjk, html-hangul, html-netscape ;)

Thus, I would love to hear what others might think is the most clean way to add your feature request and be prepared for the many many others in the future.

Greetings

Torsten