Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby

From: Tristan Nakagawa
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:43:03 +0200

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for the input,
To have definable export rules would indeed be great, to increase
flexibility while keeping the base exporter simple and lightweight.

I agree that this is somewhat specific, however, I believe that
globally, this is not unfrequent, and will become quite frequent soon:

There is, for example, the ease of drafting and flexibility of output
(print quality pdf and epub-convertible html),so orgmode can be used so
well outside of the traditional latex-technical and science paper realms
for novels, books, blog-posts (org2blog).

And imagining the number of people on this planet speaking Chinese and
japanese, Korean, Thai, and other languages I am not even aware of that
use rubys to help reading, the number of people learning these
languages, creating two-language blog-posts, textbooks, etc etc.

It might take a while before all browsers support the tags (my Firefox
doesnt even yet), but for epub&pdf creation, this would already be great!

(Just to back up the feature-request beyond definately needed and
appreciated discussion about how and if to make the exporter more
modular or costumizable)  ..  =)

best,
Tristan