Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:13:23 +0200

Hello Tristan,

Since you broought up Org versions, I thought it would be pertinent to
classify the version dependence of the possible solutions.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 05:20:21PM +0200, Tristan Nakagawa wrote:

> I didn't get Suvayus solution in the old version, i suspect it might
> work in the new version, but since the snippet version (see below)
> doesnt involve changing the backend for every macro, i didn't follow up
> on it

My solution with filters is only possible with Org 8.x or above.  Also a
minor nit-pick, my solution goes into your emacs setup; the backends
stay as it is.  But I would say Christian's solution is much more
elegant and portable in the sense that the Org file is self contained
and independent of the setup.

> Thomas' ruby link solution works nicely (except the closing tag should
> be </ruby>, not <\ruby>, and works for both for latex and html.
>
> The only downside is that you won't see the symbol in the original
> orgfile or in section headers in the export, just the reading, but that
> is a very minor annoyance and this is a very nice elegant solution with
> a very readable source org file.
> (I don't guess the link could be redefined to switch reading and symbol
> around?)

Tom's solution is probably the most portable across different Org
versions.

> Christians suggestion with snippets works great, both for html and pdf
> via latex; even in section headers.
> (it took me reading the 8.0 upgrade info to understand we were talking
> about the <at> symbol, not literally "<at>" in the code.

This one again is a Org 8.x or above solution.

Hope you can adapt either of these to your needs.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu