Re: [O] Exporting caption with raw results from inline source blocks

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting caption with raw results from inline source blocks
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:20:36 -0600

> Hello,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm loath to add /another/ results keyword, but perhaps it would be nice
>> to be able to specify that you want the results processed (e.g,
>> stripping the newline), but you don't want them to be wrapped as an
>> example.  An alternate approach which may be preferable would be to
>> expose a defcustom along the lines of org-babel-inline-result-wrapper,
>> which could be used by org-babel-examplize-region instead of "=%s=".
>
> What about always removing trailing newline characters in _inline_ src
> blocks results?

That is certainly an option.  It could be argued that the point of "raw"
is to not change the output at all, and sometimes people use (abuse)
inline results expecting to be able to have them insert multi-line
results (e.g., they support tabular output).

There are a number of solutions here which I personally would be happy
with.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte