Re: [O] Item task_id not being used in taskjuggler export & tj prefixing

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] Item task_id not being used in taskjuggler export & tj prefixing
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:09:09 +0200

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> Unique ids could be inserted as depends with some simple key strokes
> and I would't have to use numbered IDs at all. They'd stay with the
> tasks no matter where I moved them.
>
> For that... I'd actually prefer *not* to have to explicitly name the
> parent since they could move wherever I put them with no consequence.

`org-id-copy' will insert a unique ID into your entry (ie your task) and
at the same time store it in your kill ring, so you can then yank it
where you have the dependency. Can you try this with a custom key
binding? As far as I know the dependency resolution should also work
with unique id (aka ID) not just with task_ids.

HTH
Christian

--
Christian Egli