Re: [O] Item task_id not being used in taskjuggler export & tj prefixing

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] Item task_id not being used in taskjuggler export & tj prefixing
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:51:20 +0200

Buddy Butterfly <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem becomes obvious with your example above.
> Herr you expect that T8 would be unique across all
> tasks. If there are some other task paths with a task of
> T8 then this will not work.

True, task_ids have to be unique across tasks. For me this was never a
problem as I usually do not have that many dependencies (and hence need
only a few task_ids) and org-mode has built in infrastructure to create
unique ids.

> You will always run after
> tj implementing what they have implemented. Why not
> write:
>
>   :depends: !!T.T8
>
> directly?

Because IMHO org-mode has more to offer in terms of dependencies. I
think that the ORDERED and the BLOCKER stuff gives you a good way to
model dependencies that is expressive and covers a lot of use cases
nicely. TaskJuggler dependencies is fairly low level I think. I'd like
to express my dependencies at a higher level.

Hope that helps
Christian

--
Christian Egli