Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:05:21 +0200

* Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> I found that you can get the Emacs app started without segfaulting if
> you reduce the font size.  Of course, that may make the text
> illegible for you... :-(

Thanks to everyone sending me this tipp. It worked :-)

> The on-screen keyboard is not ideal, of course.  My bluetooth
> mini-keyboard doesn't transmit CTRL unfortunately so not very useful.

Ack.  ... Oh ... I agree. :-)

> Basically, we're almost there but not quite.  It sure would be nice to
> have Emacs running properly on Android just to be able to have full
> org-mode on the move.

I am looking forward to this!

> Although I'm using MobileOrg more and more, I'm only using it for
> capturing notes.  I really want appointments and everything else
> as well!

Same here at my side. Next, I want to test the agenda on MobileOrg
and the feature to show it on the Android calendar. This way, I want
to get rid of Google more and more which has proven to be not
reliable at all (dying Reader, dying APIs, ...).

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github