Re: [O] Org Mode 8

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Org Mode 8
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:11:46 -0500

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Paul Schlesinger
<address@hidden> wrote:
> After replacing 7.9.4 with 8.0 the link insertion gave a variable void error
> that was corrected by re-installing 7.9.4.  After browsing the * update files
> and seeing nothing that was helpful I send this message and continue using
> 7.9.4.

We'll need more details to help you. At the very least, what was the
variable that was flagged as void? This wouldn't be uncommon, as a lot
of names changed in the 8.0 release. Did you scan the upgrade guide?
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html

The first possibility that came to mind was a variable like
org-export-backend-* (where backend = html, latex, etc.) which has now
been renamed to org-backend-*.

But again, with no details at all... we won't be able to help you.

Thanks!
John