Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:12:44 -0600

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
>> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I thought this was the proper syntax for printing stuff directly to a
>>> LaTeX document:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src R :session :exports results :results output :wrap org
>>>

>> I think you want either ":results latex" or ":wrap latex".
>>

> Trying my best to follow the evolution here.... I've tried to discern
> from the manual and Worg the best way to do something, generally try
> it and fail. Then I post to the list and get an answer. A short time
> later, I try doing what I think is approximately the same thing to
> find that it seems to have changed since the last time:
>
> To print multiple file names and =#+attr_stuff= options, the answer
> was =:results output org :exports results=
> - http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-08/msg01224.html
>
> Trying to do the same exact thing a bit later was =:results output
> wrap=, shortly followed up with the instruction to use =:wrap org=
> - http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-03/msg01599.html
>
> Now, it's =:wrap latex=, but I'm not sure why.

I may have miss-understood your question.

> Is =:wrap org= appropriate for anything?

Use :wrap latex if your code block produces raw latex.  E.g.,

    #+begin_src sh :results output :wrap latex
    cat <<EOF
    \begin{tabular}{rr}
    a & b\\
    \hline
    1 & 2\\
    \end{tabular}
    EOF
    #+end_src

    #+RESULTS:
    #+BEGIN_latex
    \begin{tabular}{rr}
    a & b\
    \hline
    1 & 2\
    \end{tabular}
    #+END_latex

Use :wrap org if your code block produces raw org. E.g.,

    #+begin_src sh :results output :wrap org
    cat <<EOF
    | a | b |
    |---+---|
    | 1 | 2 |
    EOF
    #+end_src

    #+RESULTS:
    #+BEGIN_org
    | a | b |
    |---+---|
    | 1 | 2 |
    #+END_org

Let me know if that leave any mysteries or doesn't address part of your
question.  I apologize for any contribution my often terse and hurried

Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte