Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:15:44 +0200

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> #+RESULTS:
>>> #+BEGIN_org
>>> With the assumption of 100 lbs. of input material 1 and 200 lbs. of
>>> material 2,
>>> we can produce the following number of widgets based on injection mold
>>> wall thicknesses.
>>> | wall  | vals | widgets  |
>>> |-------+------+----------|
>>> | 5 mil | 0.01 | 40000.00 |
>>> | 6 mil | 0.01 | 33333.00 |
>>> | 8 mil | 0.01 | 25000.00 |
>>> #+END_org
>>
>> This is wrong. We discussed it months ago on this ML and, IIRC, Babel
>> should produce "#+begin_src org" blocks, not "#+begin_org". Org
>> documentation specifies it too.
>>

> "Wrong," as in =:wrap org= behavior is currently a bug? Or "wrong" in
> that for my given use case, I shouldn't be using =:wrap org=?

Wrong as is "the current behaviour is a bug". It is expected to produce
"#+begin_src org" blocks. Its use case is to generate dead data:

  #+begin_src org
  ,#+AUTHOR: test
  #+end_src

In that case, the #+AUTHOR keyword isn't applied to current set-up. On
the other hand, if you want to generate live data, use "drawer":

  #+results:
  :RESULTS:
  #+AUTHOR: test
  :END:

In this example, the keyword is really installed in the buffer.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou