Re: [O] Attributes on HTML tables?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Attributes on HTML tables?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:55:10 +0200

Hello,

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> Caveat: `org-html-table-tag' is now named
>> `org-html-table-default-attributes' and expect a plist as its value.
>> Also, a nil value will remove the property from the attributes.
>>
>> Could you test it and confirm this is now behaving in a desirable way?
>
> I've run some tests and confirm it works as I'd like it to. Thanks, I
> really like this and I hope others like the plist syntax as well.

Great. Thank you again.

> Late thought, sorry: If we can have this plist syntax as a general rule,
> perhaps we should nevertheless keep the :options tag just as a fallback,
> to ease the transition for users with a lot of legacy attr_html lines?
> It's easier and less catastrophe-prone to do a quick search/replace from
>
> : ^#\+attr_html:

> : #+attr_html: :options
>
> than it is to automatically replace verbatim attribute code with plists,
> especially if there are all sorts of html irregularities in there.

I prefer not to mix the two methods as it would be fragile (e.g. what
happens if an attribute is defined both outside and inside the :options
keyword?).

> PS. Though if everything is nice and conforming to xhtml, one should be
> able to batch convert files from verbatim html attributes to plist syntax with
> something like the following  -- USE AT OWN RISK, NO WARRANTY IMPLIED:
>
> : perl -i.bak -pe 's/([a-z]+)=([\"\'])(.*?)\2/:\1 \2/g if /^#\+attr_html/i'
> *.org

 Would you mind adding it to Worg section about the migration to
Org 8.0? It would be quite useful.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou