Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:37:07 +0200

Hi,

42 147 <address@hidden> writes:

> However, on the issue of tutorials, I did save my entire IM logs. It might
> be an interesting presentation technique -- to read a real, natural
> step-by-step working through of Emacs with someone completely computer
> illiterate.

I would love to read something like this!

One of my favorite Go books is "Kage's Secret Chronicles of Handicap
Go".  This is a dialogue between two Go players with different tastes
and styles, weaknesses and strengths.  Readers are always entertained
and learn a lot, just because the informal chatting contains so much
useful (though indirect) information on how players "reads" the game.

http://www.amazon.com/Kages-Secret-Chronicles-Handicap-Go/dp/0870403869

IM logs on learning Org might tell a lot on how users "reads" their
Emacs/Org interface.

Good idea :)

--
 Bastien