Re: [O] Google calendar sync - what is recommended?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Google calendar sync - what is recommended?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:18:20 +0100

"Rainer M. Krug" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> discussion recently which I did not follow to closely. Which approach is
> the recommended / most stable approach in syncing google calendar with
> org?

We are in a state of flux.  For quite a while, I used a two way
upload/download approach based on icalendar export from org to Google
and an awk script to convert Google calendar information into org.  See

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html

This is not a synchronisation approach.

However, more recently, I moved to org-caldav for syncing.  There is a
link to this package from that web page as well (at the end).  This
works really nicely.

The problem is that Google has decided to no longer allow caldav access
to their Calendar system from sometime later this year, requiring people
to access the data in the calendar via the REST API.

I have moved back to the two way upload/download procedure mentioned
above.

> PS: org-unrelated gnus questions:
>
> 1) how can I insert these [1] footnotes in message-mode?

Use footnote-mode

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FootnoteMode

> 2) how can I "quote" or "enclose" a block with these brackets in acsii code?

I do not understand this question.  Sorry.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0-pre-271-ga5d654