Re: [O] phone links...

From: Michael Strey
Subject: Re: [O] phone links...
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 09:31:40 +0200

Robert,

On Mo, Apr 08, 2013 at 09:44:12 -0500, Robert Goldman wrote:
> Michael Strey wrote:
> > Currently org-phone.el as well as my org-dial.el are incompatible with
> > org-contacts.  The only idea behind my proposal was to make the contributors
> > of both packages aware of each other.
>
> Can you explain what makes org-phone incompatible with org-contacts?
> Maybe my naming of some function?

The problem is on the side of org-contacts.  Org-contacts does not
support links in its properties.  Thus, currently the only solution to
use the advantages of org-contacts and org-phone is to give the
information twice, like in the following example.

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* Strey, Michael
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL:    address@hidden address@hidden
:PHONE:    +493514129535 +491263213
:END:

[[mailto:address@hidden
[[mailto:address@hidden
[[phone:+49 (0)351 41295-35]]
[[phone:+49 126 3213]]
#+END_SRC

This shortcoming effects not only the phone links but email links as
well.

Regards
--
Michael Strey