Re: [O] Agenda in MobileOrg for Android

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda in MobileOrg for Android
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:16:54 -0700

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> the key seems to be "too hard to use efficiently"...  I am afraid that
> MobileOrg for Android) is indeed much more difficult to use than the
> Emacs version.  The strength of Org is that it is easy to use (and
> efficient in terms of keystrokes etc.).
>
> I am just wondering...  What is the rationale behind all the syncing
> stuff?  Assume that I have all my org files dropboxed - why not just
> edit them directly in the mobile version?  I was thinking about it for
> some time, and can't see any disadvantages with this approach.  In
> fact, since I'm considering learning to write Android apps, I am very
> much tempted to use an "org-lite" app (say, just TODOs or capture for
> the beginning) as my first project.

I have felt the same way. Is the reason it's not already done (and the
pitfall for you if you take on a project like this) that "re-write major
chunks of Emacs" is a pretty big job?

There is already Emacs ported to Android; it isn't very convenient nor
working that well yet IMO. Maybe that project could use some help to
make it work well enough to use for this??

--
David R