Re: [O] Nice blog post - Org-mode in Your Pocket Is a GNU-Shaped Devil

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Nice blog post - Org-mode in Your Pocket Is a GNU-Shaped Devil
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 16:25:02 -0600

> FWIW, I use offlineimap this way, but rather than pointing gnus directly
> at my local maildir, I use dovecot (a small local IMAP server) as an
> intermediary. This method is documented here:
>
> http://roland.entierement.nu/blog/2010/09/08/gnus-dovecot-offlineimap-search-a-howto.html

+1

I also use gnus, dovecot and offlineimap, and used this same page to
guide my setup.  Although this wasn't trivial to setup, I love the
results.  A responsive email/Emacs environment which is fully available
allowing me to read and write mail with or without internet access
(great for hour long train commutes).

> Note the update at the end, since dovecot's command-line interface has
> changed since the article was first written. I actually use:
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "Mail"
>                                   (nnimap-shell-program
>                                    "/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -c ~/.dovecotrc")
>                                   (nnimap-stream shell)))
>
> So far, my emacs (which contains everything I do except Firefox) has
> remained responsive, and my mailstore still makes sense to K9 when I'm
> mobile.

Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte