Re: [O] Highlighting bug with org-agenda-set-restriction-lock

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Highlighting bug with org-agenda-set-restriction-lock
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:46:40 -0400

> I now also see that the patch did not achieve what the purpose of it
> was.  The problem is not the end of the overlay, but the position of
> the org-agenda-restriction-end marker.  Indeed, if you add tasks after
> this marker, they will not be included in the search.  There is not
> good work-around for this I can think of, so it is a problem we will
> have to live with.
>
> - Carsten

I would prefer the original highlighting behaviour as well.
I normally narrow the buffer to the subtree as well when working on it
-- and the entire narrowed buffer is bright gaudy yellow currently :).

My workaround for the adding items to the ends is to remark the subtree
restriction.  I have added speed keys P, F, W, and N in my setup for
narrow to project, narrow to file, widen, and narrow to subtree
respectively.

I normally narrow to project with P (on any task in the project narrows
the current buffer to the project.  In the agenda P sets the restriction
lock on the project -- so if I've added anything new at the end of the
project I can just hit P on any task in the agenda and the restriction
lock is reset appropriately including all of the (new) tasks in the
project.  (My definition of a project is any todo keyword task that has
at least one subtask with a todo keyword.)

Regards,
Bernt