Re: [O] Highlighting bug with org-agenda-set-restriction-lock

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Highlighting bug with org-agenda-set-restriction-lock
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 09:33:51 +0200

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Org file has this
>
> ,----
> | * One
> | two
> | three
> | four
> | five
> `----
>
> Put the cursor on first column of line two and hit M-S-RET gives me this
>
> ,----
> | * One
> | two
> | * TODO
> | three
> | four
> | five
> `----

Okay, I see this too.

> It seems to work correctly when there is no heading above the text
> (ie. One is not a headline)

That's what I tested after your previous email, yes.

I need to think harder about this and to get more feedback, because
the new behavior seems the correct one to me.  Also, it is in sync
with the docstring of `org-insert-heading-respect-content':

  Non-nil means insert new headings after the current subtree.  When
  nil, the new heading is created directly after the current line.
                                           ^^^^^

This is about *inserting* a new heading, not about turning the current
line into a heading (which is fine to have when there is no heading
above, of course.)  Also, reverting to the old behavior would move
S-M-RET closer to C-c *.

Let's see if other users find the current behavior annoying, and let
me know how annoying it is to you!

Thanks,

--
 Bastien