Re: [O] Including setupfile settings during subtree export (new exporter

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Including setupfile settings during subtree export (new exporter)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 16:10:48 -0500

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the clarification. For me (since I'm not an elisper), the
>> mechanics aren't too important. All I really want is the correct way
>> to apply org-mode settings to a buffer or a subtree by default, unless
>> I specify otherwise inside a subtree to override the buffer-wide
>> setupfile.
>
> At the moment, there's no way to override a #+setupfile: keyword
> locally.

I guess I don't understand the purpose of #+include, then. It seems we
have only two options:

1) #+setupfile: Will apply to entire buffer as well as subtree
exports. Cannot be overridden in subtrees.

2) #+include: Applies to entire buffer export only; does nothing for
subtree exports.

What's the preferred way to customize subtrees? Just add #+latex: or
#+latex_header: options inside the subtree? Going by the LaTeX export
guide (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html), I
don't see recommendations for this. As a use case, perhaps I have a
subtree with beamer-compatible markup (each subtree will fit on a
slide), but that I might also include in the whole buffer, or perhaps
a different css file for the whole buffer vs. the subtree.

Can this be accomplished?

>> Based on the above, should that line be removed from the Worg update
>> guide? If so, I can do that.
>
> I think so.

Will do.

>> I'll change back to #+setupfile!
>
> Note that LaTeX packages added through SETUPFILE can also be found
> during latex fragments previewing, which isn't true for INCLUDE
> keywords.

Thanks!
John