Re: [O] Including setupfile settings during subtree export (new exporter

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Including setupfile settings during subtree export (new exporter)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:12:39 -0500

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In the past, exporting a subtree seemed to pull options from my
>> #+setupfile line.
>
> And it should still do.
>
>> I've updated the line to the proper new syntax (#+include:
>> "/path/to/setupfile.org"), but subtree export doesn't seem to be using
>> the options set there (using =C-c C-e C-s l p= for LaTeX/PDF export).
>>
>> I tried using =#+include: "file"= as well as =#+setupfile: file=
>> inside the subtree properties drawer without success.
>
> Inside the property drawer? A property drawer can only contain node
> properties, e.g.:
>
>   :PROP: value

Yeah, I didn't really know... was just going by this recent post which
featured that, so since it was fresh in my mind, I tried:
- http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg68321.html

>> If I mark the same subtree with :export: tag (no other trees are
>> marked), it works properly and uses my setupfile options.
>>
>> Any suggestions? If this was an oversight, my vote would be that a
>> buffer-set setupfile would apply to subtree exports unless overridden
>> by a property-drawer setting (even though I don't currently know that
>> the property draw setting is for a setupfile).
>
> I think I need an ECM to understand the problem you're describing.

Sure. Try this:

#+begin_src setupfile

#+AUTHOR:    John Henderson
#+latex_header: \usepackage[hmargin=2.5cm,vmargin=2.5cm]{geometry}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{mathpazo}

#+end_src

#+begin_src test-setupfile.org

#+include: "/path/to/setupfile"

* Heading 1

Some text in the form of a longer paragraph to test the margin
settings using the
=geometry= package. Some text in the form of a longer paragraph to
test the margin settings using the
=geometry= package. Some text in the form of a longer paragraph to
test the margin settings using the
=geometry= package.

- item 1
- item 2
- item 3

#+end_src

#+begin_src minimal-config

;; set load paths
;; set load dirs and global config options
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")

(require 'ox-latex)

#+end_src

Procedure:
- emacs -Q
- M-x load-file minimal-config
- C-x C-f setupfile-test.org
- Now compare the results of =C-c C-e l p= vs. (while on * Heading 1)
=C-c C-e C-s l p=.

Best regards,
John