Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:44:46 +0100

Bastien writes:
>> org-macro-replace-all    2    222.371024    111.185512
>
> This one looks suspicious: if the function does what it says,
> why does it run twice?  If we can spare 111 secs here, that's
> already an improvement.  I'll have a look at some point but
> feel free to beat me on this!

That interpretation makes assumptions that may not be valid.  I'm not
even sure that you can rely on the number of calls (elp may miss some at
least), but especially not that each call takes the same time.  So it is
perfectly possible that the first call took 222 seconds and the second
one just 0.371024…

The top entry for profiler btw is "called-interactively".  How helpful.

Regards,
Achim.