Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 08:49:02 -1000

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>> The orgmanual now creates a pdf file, too, but one lacking the indexes
>> and with links that look like they need another run through TeX.
>
> In that case, texi2dvi and hence make should have signaled an error
> (I've just pulled from your repo and it does).

Yes, it signals two errors here:

Output written on orgmanual.pdf (269 pages, 1122108 bytes).
Transcript written on orgmanual.log.
/opt/local/bin/texi2dvi: pdftex exited with bad status, quitting.
make[1]: *** [orgmanual.pdf] Error 1
make: *** [orgmanual] Error 2

>> When I'm done running `make orgmanual', my directory is very neat and
>> tidy, which is nice, but I'll need to look at the auxiliary files used
>> to build the indexes, so I can debug.
>
> Add
>
> TEXI2PDF+=--tidy
>
> at the beginning of orgmanual/Makefile, then look in the orgmanual.t2d
> directory.

There they are, in orgmanual.t2d/pdf/build.  Thanks!

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye