Re: [O] Warning with latest git pull

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Warning with latest git pull
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:50:03 +0100

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> We shouldn't define things that don't have an org prefix.

Fair enough.

(Note that `with-buffer-modified-unmodified', from which
org-unmodified was heavily copied, lives in bookmark.el.  Perhaps
Emacs should put it elsewhere.)

> I don't really see why we needed to replace org-unmodified in the
> first place, especially since with-silent-modifications does _more_
> than org-unmodified,

Especially *because* it does more.  In particular, it does set
`buffer-file-name' and `buffer-file-truename' to nil, which is
a problem when preparing the agenda buffers.

> not less as your comment in org-macs would imply.

I fixed the comment, thanks.

> Here's a patch to restore org-unmodified in the sources, make it an
> alias to with-silent-modifications when possible and augment the
> replacement definition with a few things that with-silent-modifications
> does on top of what org-unmodified did.  We might even copy the whole
> macro definition from subr.el, but I think we're close enough with this.

Thanks -- I applied a different patch, using `org-with-silent-modifications'
as a compatibility macro for `with-silent-modifications'.

Best,

--
 Bastien