Re: [O] Warning with latest git pull

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Warning with latest git pull
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:37:34 +0100

Bastien writes:
>> No it's there, in gnus/time-date.elc ― maybe your versions are all
>> without Gnus?
>
> Yes, my versions come without Gnus.  I directly downloaded them
> from xemacs.org (which is completely outdated by the way.)

Which means that our compatibility function doesn't provide
compatibility with XEmacs anyway.

> org-condition-case-unless-debug is not in maint or master anymore,
> so I guess this problem is gone.  Do you confirm this?

I haven't checked Emacs 22 ever since, so I don't know.  Doing a full
compatibility matrix test like I did last time takes time and I should
probably script it, let me see when I can get to that.

> But you're right, we need to publicly set a goal, at least.
>
> I hereby declare that I want Org to be fully functional for Emacs 23
> and older, and I wish Org can be reasonably functional for Emacs <23
> and XEmacs.  XEmacs users and Emacs-22 users, please help reporting
> comptability bugs, or you'll be ignored till the Dawn of Apocalypse.
>
> :)

I should have seen this coming.  Now, if that's how we do things these
days:

I hereby declare that XEmacs compatibility is broken already and he who
wants to have this corrected should bring a working version of ert for
XEmacs.

Regards,
Achim.