[O] [babel] Using Property Drawers to Pass Values to a Variable

From: Ian Barton
Subject: [O] [babel] Using Property Drawers to Pass Values to a Variable
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:27:34 +0000

I am trying to pass a variable value to a latex source code block:

* Letter.
:PROPERTIES:
:first_name: Ian
:last_name: Barton
:END:

#+begin_src latex var: last_name =(org-get-entry nil "last_name")

#+end_src

However, it appears as though it's only supported for lisp. Any suggestions as how to do this?

I am trying to construct a business letter template using the KOMA scrlttrs class. I have got the letter looking the way I want it in tex. I propose to use babel to produce the tex, but need a way to pass variables stored in my org file to the various komavar.

I have tried org-koma-letter.el, which isn't quite flexible enough for my needs. I know there have been several postings in the list about using KOMA. If anyone is interested I found this http://stefano.italians.nl/archives/55 site a great help in getting my design the way I wanted it.

Ian.