Re: [O] indentation across multiple source blocks

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] indentation across multiple source blocks
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:50:37 +0100

Hi Tony,

Tony Day <address@hidden> writes:

> More like a terrible example.  Here's a more complicated one out in the
> wild (from https://github.com/renard/o-blog) - templating html creation.
>
> https://gist.github.com/4333546
>
> I imagine patches would be welcome :)

Well... spare you the sweat, because I'm not even sure we'd like such a
patch :)

Indentation is a visual clue about the structure of the code -- if you
lose the structure (like in the HTML scattered snippets of the link
above), the visual clue will does not help anymore...  imagine if you
are deep in the HTML AST and have to indent by 20 whitespaces?  That
would not help at all -- instead, you want the snippet to be read as if
it was on the top of the AST.

Anyway, perhaps that's just me...

--
 Bastien