Re: [O] remote execution in heterogeneous environment

From: Neil Best
Subject: Re: [O] remote execution in heterogeneous environment
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:13:01 -0600

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Neil Best <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> tramp-version
>> "2.2.3-24.1"
>>
>> emacs-version
>> "24.2.1"
>>
>> Looks like I should upgrade tramp.  I will look into that.
>
> Emacs 24.3 is in pretest, it contains Tramp 2.2.6. This might be another
> option. See <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/155058>.
>
>> I think if I restart emacs it will be upgraded to some minor, minor
>> release, so maybe that took care of it already.  Fat chance?
>
> Sorry, this I don't understand ...

I had just recently upgraded Emacs through Macports but had not since
restarted it, that's all.  No such luck on the Tramp upgrade.  I will
just wait for the next release to propagate through Macports unless
some intolerable behavior crops up.  I do have a shiny new version of
Org to play with thanks to ELPA.  :)

> PS: it's on my wishlist for a long time to learn org-mode. Maybe I have
> a chance now.

You won't regret it.  Have fun.  What's your use case?  How did you
happen to get on this thread?  Was there a cross-post that I missed?

Thanks for pitching in, everyone.