Re: [O] makefile for v. 7.9.1 on Windows 7 doesn't work

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] makefile for v. 7.9.1 on Windows 7 doesn't work
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 07:33:15 -0500

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Bostjan Vilfan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I notice that the makefile in version 7.9.1 has been changed (with regard to
> v. 7.8.11). When I tried to run it under Windows7, it didn't work (the
> makefile for 7.8.11 ran OK). Can anyone provide some information?

Can you provide more information? The error, what you were doing, etc?
The last time I git pulled perhaps a week or so ago, I tried following
Worg like so:[1]
,---
| emacs -batch -Q -L lisp -l ../UTILITIES/org-fixup -f
org-make-autoloads-compile
`---

It failed. I inspected the dit directory and noticed that it's  not
../UTILITIES anymore; all of the make stuff is in ../mk. Could that be
the problem if you're following Worg?

As an aside, I just tried re-compiling to check and I noticed that if
I follow Worg and cd into /path/to/org.git/mk and then run =emace
-batch ... ../mk/org-fixup.el ...=, I get the error:
,---
| Symbol's function definition is void: org-find-library-dir
`---

If I cd to /path/to/org.git and run the command with only one perios
(=emacs ... ./mk/org-fixup.el ...=), then it works. But =M-x
org-version= spits out something related to org-fixup and isn't a real
version number.

In any case, I can still compile as far as I know. Sorry if this
wasn't your issue, but with the lack of details no one will be able to
help you diagnose the problem.

Best regards,
John

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#compiling-org-without-make