[O] [OT] Mindwave Emacs. EEG reading and Data gathering in an org-mode b

From: brian powell
Subject: [O] [OT] Mindwave Emacs. EEG reading and Data gathering in an org-mode buffer.
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 07:19:11 -0400

>I still wonder if org is the right medium for this. Most of the
>devices are going to give you a TON of data (the neurosky raw stream
>is ~500hz update, emotiv is ~128hz, etc...). Pedometers and blood
>pressure monitors that do one-time large dumps might be somewhat more
>feasible.

* EMACS OrgMode is one of the right mediums for this:

** can put massive amounts of data in a tiny icon on your screen (that you can wave your mouse over to glimpse whats inside--which could be data or notes, etc.

** can quickly fold and unfold the data in a tree-like structure.

* I used to work with brainwave data with EMACS and neuroscientists at NIH would be amazed at what I could do with the data.

* EMACS is in MIT's top 20 of all-time developments in Artificial Intelligence.

You can use EMACS to massage the data and EMACS OrgMode to study whats interesting to you and/or present it to other researchers.