Re: [O] org-export-select-tags

From: SW
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-select-tags
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 20:01:04 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

> Well, so far nobody else can reproduce it, so the working assumption is
> that it is an artifact of either the version you are running or your
> configuration. As Suvayu suggests, a minimal org setup[fn:1] would
> distinguish between the two. Otherwise, as Jambunathan suggests (and
> /pace/ your doubts), it's probably a bug in the version you are using
> and you should upgrade to latest - or downgrade to the current maint
> version, release_7.8.10-14-gaf6cb0b (which I tried with the old exporter
> and latex: can't reproduce it there either.) If you are not going to keep
> up with latest in the master branch, then sticking to maint is the best
> policy.

I am not familiar with downloading any version other than the one in my distro's
repository or the Debian version from orgmode.org. I will look into getting a
version later than "7.8.11-1", which is what my version is. I tested with the
minimal file before:

* Headline1
* Headline1     :export:

and exported from "emacs -Q" and *both* headlines were exported. Therefore, it
has to be something in the version I am using. Once I have figured out how to
install the snapshot I downloaded, I will post back here.

[FWIW, this link:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#keeping-current-with-Org%20mode-development

linked from here:

http://orgmode.org/org-mode-download.html